ghm-discuss

Re: GHM 2020: Swiss edition

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: GHM 2020: Swiss edition
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 13:36:27 +0100

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 12:35:09PM +0100, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:

         Given that there seems to be some consensus that we want to have more
         GNU Hacker Meetings, I'm offering to organize a meeting  January 10-12
         at Mont Soleil in Switzerland. The plan is to do this on a weekend in a
         period where the GNU Taler hackers are having their mountain retreat,
         which makes organizing this very easy and already puts a few GNUs on
site.

         Capacity is limited (~20 people), but given the timing I _suspect_ that
         would allow anyone who wants to come to attend.  Cost is VERY low for
         Switzerland, including food I venture 40 EUR/day will be more than
enough.

         I've already posted a description of the venue at
         https://www.gnu.org/ghm/2020/.

         Please let me know if you would be interested and (likely) able to
         attend, and if so, if you're willing to give a talk. Once I have some
         critical mass of attendees/speakers, I'll make it official and link to
         it from the GHM index.

     Very nice :)

     I'm in!
     Would like to talk about poke there.

     BTW, Tim is organizing the estival GHM 2020 in Germany, and I'm
     organizing a mini-GHM in Brussels before FOSDEM, so we probably want to
     turn ghm/2020/index.html into a proper index, linking to
     ghm/2020/mont-soleil.html, ghm/2020/hamburg.html and so on...

I'm interested too (but can't commit to attending yet).
(Jan 10 is Donald Knuth's birthday)

But like Jose says, I think Tim is about to announce arrangements for the
regular annual GHM.   I think it's great that people are organising more
meetings, but we should not let each one "compete" with each other.  So
let's keep the https://www.gnu.org/ghm/2020 page for the regular summer GHM.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3