gksu-devel

Re: libgksu, savannah and sudo

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: Re: libgksu, savannah and sudo
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:25:05 -0200

Em Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:23:09 -0200, Allan Douglas <address@hidden> escreveu:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:49:26 -0200
> Gustavo Noronha Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > How gksu_set_display works? It sets X's display? (:0.0, :1, etc)
> >
> > That's it, X's display.
>
> It's nice if gksu support different displays like kde, qt, gtk1, gtk2, gnome
> etc.

Oh sure, now that's quite a bit complicated, I think. I'll have to design a
module
interface and stuff. I want the library to be much more usable before trying
something like that, but if you want to hack something, go ahead and let's
see =).

> > But how will it work is still to be decided =D.
>
> Calling setenv() to set DISPLAY on the programs' process should solve this.

That does not help if we want the gksu window to appear at that
display.

[]s!

--
address@hidden: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>