Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Example

From: Matt Paine
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS Example
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:37:15 +1000

Is that supported? I was trying to do something similiar earlier, but was told that AFR is under(is a subvolume of) unify since I was having too many problems. Can I create a couple unifies, and then have both U1 and U2 as subvolumes of AFR? If so, let me
know, and I can test it.

The beuaty about Gluster is you can try any configuration you like and see if it suites your purpose. Give it a go and see how it reacts. I cant see any issues with doing this, but an actual developer would be better at saying definitivly yes or no. Give it a go and let us know your experiences.

Can I do something like the following?
BrickS1-1
BrickS1-2
Unify US1
  subvolumes S1-1,S1-2
BrickS2-1
BrickS2-2
Unify US2
  subvolumes S2-1,S2-2
AFR
 subvolumes US1, US2
 replicate *:2

Thats how I would do it. But give it a go and see if it works for yourself.

The fantastic thing about the modularity and flexability of the xlators is that it can be used in combinations that even the developers didn't imagine.

Matt.