Re: [Gluster-devel] latest TLA has demon showing up as [glusterfs]

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] latest TLA has demon showing up as [glusterfs]
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:43:40 +0530

Mickey,
 in the latest codebase, there are no more server and client programs. there
is just one glusterfs (and glusterfsd is a symlink to glusterfs). it behaves
either as a client or server according to the volume spec file given.

 if the glusterfs program is passed a mountpoint it attaches a fuse
translator in a hardcoded way, so this preserves backward compatibility. The
new model also allows both protocol/server and mount/fuse (mountability) in
the same spec file which can be a performance improvement in NUFA mode of
operations.

avati