Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8 FreeBSD Compilation issues

From: Jordan Mendler
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.8 FreeBSD Compilation issues
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:30:40 -0700

Thanks Amar,

1) Commenting that line out allows compilation to succeed -- I will let you
know how things work after I have a chance to try it out.

2) A few days ago, someone on IRC told me that there were changes committed
to improve FreeBSD/Linux compatibility that will be available in the next
release. Do you know when this release will be made, and how substantial the
changes are?

3) Any other suggestions, problems, differences from Linux, gotchas, etc
that I may encounter in trying to deploy this on FreeBSD?

4) If all goes well and we end up using FreeBSD for our production storage
cluster, I'd be happy to help out in preparing glusterfs for the ports
system. I have RPM development experience, so wouldn't mind using glusterfs
as an excuse to learn Ports development.

Thanks so much,
Jordan Mendler