Re: [Gluster-devel] Anyone running on Solaris 10?

From: rhubbell
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Anyone running on Solaris 10?
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:55:47 -0800

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 15:55 +0530, Harshavardhana Ranganath wrote:
> SUWhea and SUWarc should be installed as these are some required
> packages i found out.

Minor correction the packages names are SUNWhea and SUNWarc.

> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Harshavardhana Ranganath
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>         Yes GlusterFS should be built with gcc and related tools. Sun
>         compiler tools are not required but there are certain runtime
>         libraries in Solaris which are needed even after installation
>         of GCC.
>
>         Like for eg : "/usr/lib/crt1.o" is required by GNU Linker for
>         generating object code.

I believe this is incorrect if one is using gcc.

The correct path would probably be more like:
/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/crt1.o

Have you built gluster on Solaris 10 or know anyone who has?
Can you (or them) share details of your configuration?

I am unable to get glusterfs-1.3.12 to build on Solaris 10.