Re: [Gluster-devel] Mail cluster storage benchmark

From: NovA
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Mail cluster storage benchmark
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:22:13 +0300

2008/11/13 Daniel van Ham Colchete <address@hidden>:
> I think the DHT will distribute things equaly for all the subvolumes. It
> does that according with a hash of the filename. It doesn`t use weights on
> subvolumes, although it should be easy to implement.

Daniel,

Ok, I see. And how can I migrate from unify to DHT then? I already has
many files distributed trough 24 nodes. It will be rather problematic
to backup them all, remove unifed volumes, create DHT volumes and
restore files. Is it possible to just replace unify to dht without
touching backend?

Best wishes,
  Andrey