Re: [Gluster-devel] inodes and AFR

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] inodes and AFR
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:15:49 +0530

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <address@hidden> wrote:
I upgraded from 3.2.3 to 3.2.5, and it seems I do not need the patches I
crafted from 3.3git in order to compute the inode from gfid, they were
included in 3.2.5 right?

With my previous patches, the inode was just the lower 64 bits of gfid.
It seems they are now quite different, here is an example:
inode: 3e21070d0345489e
gfid: e7 c1 28 40 d7 08 4c e6 9f 10 83 86 81 a2 a4 4f

Is this something I should care about, or is it normal behavior?

You need not worry as long as the numbers are stable.

Avati