Re: [Gnash] Plugin not recognized by mozilla?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Plugin not recognized by mozilla?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:47:48 -0600

annonygmouse wrote:

    File name: libgnashplugin.so
    Gnash, a GPL'd Flash Player. More details at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash

If you get this, then the plugin loads fine. It'll usually only not load if there are undefined symbols in the shared library. The main problem I've seen with Mozilla not playing a Flash movie is often the JavaScript used to launch the link is IE/Windoze specific.

Also while Gnash attempts to tell Mozilla it supports the latest flash, this also doesn't always work. MacroMedia sells an add on to determine the Flash version of the plugin by examining it. At this time I'm not sure what it checks for, but it's obviously more than the just checked the version string returned by the plugin.

If you just get a blank screen, I'd ask are you using the SDL or GTK version of the standalone player ?

        - rob -