Re: [Gnash] Plugin not recognized by mozilla?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Plugin not recognized by mozilla?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:01:31 -0600

annonygmouse wrote:

No new window viewed, just the blank page.

Usually I only see this behavior when the player is using gtk_plug(), instead of creating a new window. This code is in gnash.cpp:main(), but should be commented out. This uses the -x option to force the window id, which is what gtk_plug() is supposed to do. But I just get a blank window.

Yes, with the standalone player it takes about 6 seconds (cpu 100%) and
it words, but with mozilla, nothing at all (cpu reaches 25% for a second
or two and then 0%).

  That almost sounds like it's not playing at all.

I've also tried using mozplugger and it works as you say, it creates a
new window for each swf file (quite annoying IMO), but it works.

I don't like having to create a new window either, but there seems to be some weird stuff going on with visuals and graphics contexts. This isn't permanent, it's just a temporary hack till the bug gets tracked down and fixed.

How can I compile gnash plugin to be more verbose?

You can't get any terminal output from the plugin unless you do a debug build of Mozilla from source. You can add more options to the argv list for Gnash however, in nsPluginInstance::startProc(), or add a dbglogfile.setVerbosity(2); in main() someplace.

Gnash by default will write a debug log called gnash-dbg.log to your home directory when using the plugin.

        - rob -