Re: [Gnash] Plugin not recognized by mozilla?

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Plugin not recognized by mozilla?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:42:27 +0200

Rob Savoye wrote:
> annonygmouse wrote:
>
>> Yes... could be, because accessing the elvis.swf file directly
>> (file:///home/jo/gnash/testsuite/movies.all/elvis.swf) it shows
>> a blank page...
>

>> The GTK one (I've got menus on the standalone player).
>

>   When using the plugin with the GTK version, you should get a new
> window created that the movie gets rendered in. Do you see this window
> appear ? What version of Mozilla are you using, what OS, and is it a 64
> bit system ? Elvis has been reported to run on everything in the past.

No new window viewed, just the blank page.

>   it does take awhile to load though,

Yes, with the standalone player it takes about 6 seconds (cpu 100%) and
it words, but with mozilla, nothing at all (cpu reaches 25% for a second
or two and then 0%).

> and you'll get a blank window
> while it's doing that. Shorter movies load much faster. For testing I us
> a jpeg converted to a single frame SWF movie image.

My computer: Debian/amd64 unstable with everything compiled for 64 bits.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; ca-AD; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20060207
Debian/1.7.12-1.1

I've also tried using mozplugger and it works as you say, it creates a
new window for each swf file (quite annoying IMO), but it works.

mozpluggerrc:
application/x-shockwave-flash:swf:Shockwave Gnash
    nokill embed noisy ignore_errors hidden fill swallow(Gnash)
loop:                   gnash -v "$file" -x $window
        : gnash -v "$file" -x $window

But I still don't understand why as a plugin it does not work...

How can I compile gnash plugin to be more verbose?

SebastiĆ