Re: [Gnash] configure doesn't find libxft

From: Jan Schneider
Subject: Re: [Gnash] configure doesn't find libxft
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:43:49 +0200

Zitat von Rob Savoye <address@hidden>:

Jan Schneider wrote:

But configure doesn't find the libraries:
ERROR: No Xft development package installed! You need to have the xft development package installed to compile this project or install libxft-dev (using apt-get) or xft-devel (using yum).

  You shouldn't need Xft, it's only used by the FLTK support, which
isn't checked in yet. I'll fix the test, but it shouldn't keep anything
from building. Even though configure prints out a warning, "make"
should still work.

Yup, I didn't event test it. It compiled fine.

I had to run ldconfig manually after make install, maybe this should be added to the Makefile. checkinstall didn't work at all for some reason, but I didn't investigate it further.

The first impression is really nice given the early state of the software, though the fonts seem to be a bit too fuzzy. Looks like an additional blur effect on antialiased fonts. Beside that, not all movies are working, as expected, but one movie causes to suck up all CPU, even after I closed the page. The movie in question is http://www.ammma.de/home/media/learnweb.swf.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/