Re: [Gnash] Debian Packages for Gnash

From: Miriam Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Debian Packages for Gnash
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:39:46 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Rob Savoye <address@hidden> escribió:

>   I'm hoping to do the official release soon. I'm only now waiting to
> hear back from the Mozilla Foundation about the specific wording of the
> GPL exemption, since I'd hate to make a release with an unsatisfactory
> license clause. All the other paperwork is done, and the FSF has
> accepted the copyright assignment for this project.

Cool :)

>   Since I've been hacking on package building as well, I'm not sure if
> it's worth building a libgnash-dev package, since Gnash doesn't really
> export an API for other developers. At least not yet. :-)

I'm personally interested in developing programs with embedded gnash, so I
think it's worth not to drop it. I'd like to include the package as well, at
least to experimental, to pass the NEW queue as soon as possible. If there are
changes in the names of the packages or new packages, we'd have to pass it
again. I know the API and ABI are not stable for now, so I won't let it enter
unstable in this state, but I hope it will be stable sometime.

>   The plugin for konqueror or mozilla should probably be the way they
> are for now, and having "mozilla-" as the prefix is traditional. I do
> sortof prefer the shorter name that was suggested mozilla-gnash and
> konqueror-gnash. I'd prefer to stick to "Gnash" instead of "klash" for
> the package so people realize they are related. For now, Klash is merely
> Gnash with a KDE GUI.

I'd prefer having mozilla-plugin-... and konqueror-plugin-... as it makes more
clear in the list that it's a plugin. mozilla-firefox, to say an example, has
that kind of name and is not a plugin.

Do you prefer konqueror-plugin-gnash ? that would be no problem and make it
clearer. I just thought klash was the official name for it.

>   One thought is right now the klash executable winds up in the gnash
> package with the other standalone player, and I'm wondering if it should
> be in the konqueror-gnash package instead, since it's only used by the
> Konqueror plugin.

I'm separating them into different packages to lower the needed dependencies
for each one.

Thanks for the comments :)
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.