Re: [Gnash] 0.8.1 - what's useful in bug reports?

From: David Gerard
Subject: Re: [Gnash] 0.8.1 - what's useful in bug reports?
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 07:52:58 +0100

On 04/10/2007, strk <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi David. I'd say at this stage useful would be finding flash movies
> with source code buildable with free tools that doesn't play in gnash
> the way they should.
> When we have the source code and a way to rebuild it is much easier
> to find the bug and fix it then reverse-engeneering the flash movies
> themselves.

ahahaha :-) Hmm. Usually I'll be finding stuff I like on the web and
seeing if it works. Since that's my personal test for stuff like Gnash
(that is, the same sort of criterion Wine uses for reimplementing
Win32: concentrate on pieces as there's evidence people care).

I assume there's some level (even a low one) of evangelism work with
popular Flash creators asking their help? (Note that I am not
volunteering, I have enough volunteer jobs I pay too little attention
to.)

> Ah, if you can, try the CVS version to see if a bug is fixed before reporting
> it.

Yes, that would be a good idea, wouldn't it :-)

- d.