Re: [Gnash] Possible gnash license violation

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Possible gnash license violation
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:58:10 -0600

aaa aaa aaa aaa wrote:
Hello, I think I've discovered a possible (in the near future)
license violation related to gnash.

  Yeah, I stumbled across the same page yesterday.

If you look there, you'll see that Legal 3b) looks very strange. I'm
no lawyer so I thought I'll pass the link to you, so you could
investigate further if interested.

  The clause reads:
3b) No part of the deliverable may contain any copyright restricted 3rd
party components (including GPL, GNU, Copyleft, etc.) unless all
copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the
site per the seller's Seller Legal Agreement.

I believe this is ok (I'm not a lawyer) as to me, this just says all copyright terms of the software must be obvious between the buyer and the seller.

        - rob -