gnu3dkit-dev

Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] OGL 2.0 shading

From: Gerard Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] OGL 2.0 shading
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:16:01 +0100

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 03:41 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

did someone play with the shader compiler of the OGL 2.0 proposal form 3DLabs? If yes, could this be used as foundation or starting point for our shader compiler?

I don't know yet, working on GeometryKit and looking at RenderKit headers....

And I have contacted a friend of mine to work with me on a RIB file format parser, we are investigation this field...

PS: I did not get any feedback wrt the posted headers so far. Are they not sufficient to talk about the overall new design (philosophy)?

It is enough to start working concretaly on it.

This is the graph donne by Omnigraffle :

Maybe the G3DCamera would be able to be present in a 3D scene, as a 3D node ? Maybe not a simple 3D note pointing to the camera will do the trick, but I like the idea of a camera being a graphic node ?

More later.

Best regards

        Gerard