gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14315] Propagate all FITS header keywords into o

From: Lee Kelvin
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14315] Propagate all FITS header keywords into output FITS files
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:45:05 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #6, task #14315 (project gnuastro):

> Initially you mentioned that you "favour the latter option of the two".

Ah, in which case I misunderstood. Apologies for that. I thought option 1 was
to manually check a predefined list of protected CFITSIO/WCSLIB keywords
whereas option 2 was to essentially do the inverse of that, only checking for
name clashes. I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the GNUAstro code,
so I did not fully appreciate your explanation.

> I agree, existing software do this. But that doesn't mean this this the best
approach.

Yes, this is a very valid point. I would just caution however that I'm certain
organisations such as NASA have thought hard about the end user experience for
their software, and designed it accordingly. However, the decision on what to
do here is of course up to you.

Regards,
Lee Kelvin

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14315>