gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14315] Propagate all FITS header keywords into o

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14315] Propagate all FITS header keywords into output FITS files
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 19:23:47 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #7, task #14315 (project gnuastro):

The whole purpose of these discussions is that it should not up to me ;-), we
want to make the best collective descision.

Once it is implemented, anyone can enable and/or disable this feature (as well
as all the other features) in all Gnuastro, for the whole system, for a
program, for a user, for a directory, or even only for one run of any program.
I don't know of any software in astronomy which allow this level of
configurability. So I am not against it ;-).

I have also been thinking about this feature for a long time, so I was really
happy when you suggested it. I just don't have the mental capacity now to
implement this new feauture immediately. All my concentration is on the much
more fundamental `gal_data_t' (task #14245). Fixing bugs is easy, but
implementing a whole new feature elegantly/robustly takes concentration. So I
suggested that I would happily help anyone else who can do it before me ;-).

Thanks again for bringing up this issue ;-)...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14315>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/