gnuastro-devel

[task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 19:41:07 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #15799 (project gnuastro):

        Percent Complete:                     30% => 90%

Follow-up Comment #29:

I am happy to say that I was finally able to open up some time this weekend
and do a complete review of your great work Pedram!

After studying it in detail, in order to make it readable and easily scalable
to all programs, I done a full re-write in the 'auto-complete' branch of
CodeBerg (see the new bin/table/completion.bash
<https://codeberg.org/gnuastro/gnuastro/src/branch/auto-complete/bin/table/completion.bash>).

Fortunately the rest of the job (to install it and add completions for the
other programs) is very easy and since it involves Automake, I guess its
easier if I do it myself (but if you are interested and have time this week,
let me know by tomorrow so I don't do it).

For everyone else reading this, I should say that this is a SUPER COOL and
CONVENIENT new feature! It automatically suggests FITS files, tables, HDUs,
column names based on the options!

For example if you are using 'asttable' and press [TAB][TAB], it only
suggests files that have a table! Same for HDUs: if you are in 'asttable' and
press [TAB][TAB] on '--hdu', you only get a list of HDUs that have a table!

Gone are the days that you had to run 'astfits' or 'asttable' to remember the
example HDU or column name/number!

VERY NICE WORK PEDRAM :-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15799>

  Message sent via Savannah