gnuastro-devel

[task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 08:14:04 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #31, task #15799 (project gnuastro):

Indeed, modularity is the key to doing any type of project (if you later want
to allow the potential for growing and scaling up).

As one further step in modularity, I have now broken the file into two:
bin/gnuastro-complete.bash
<https://codeberg.org/gnuastro/gnuastro/src/branch/auto-complete/bin/gnuastro-complete.bash>
and bin/table/asttable-complete.bash
<https://codeberg.org/gnuastro/gnuastro/src/branch/auto-complete/bin/table/asttable-complete.bash>.
The first one only has generic shell functions to be used by all programs, and
the second one is only for Table. In the comments of the generic file I have
explained how you can easily debug in this scenario ;-).

By the way, in the previous comment I forgot to mention why I defined a new
branch: because Gnuastro had grew a lot in the last two months, I just
"rebased" the old branch over the most recent 'master' branch and continued
developing there. Hopefully we'll merge this in shortly and no further
re-basing will be necessary.

Another minor note I forgot to mention is that four new options were added to
the Fits program to greatly simplify and speedup the completion (in in Commit
ffc760820041
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=ffc760820041>). With
these, instead of having to parse plain-text outputs, 'astfits' will directly
give us the answers we need :-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15799>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/