gnuastro-devel

[task #16073] --copykeys of Fits program takes keyword names also

From: Jash Shah
Subject: [task #16073] --copykeys of Fits program takes keyword names also
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 16:47:46 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #8, task #16073 (project gnuastro):

Hey, here's all the updates I made:
* I've changed my Git commit name.
* I've updated the code to meet the Coding Conventions
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Coding-conventions.html>
now.
* I've re-designed the code now such that:
** The main _"keywords"_ function is untouched.
** I've split the two copying functionalities into two separate functions -
"keywords_copykeys_range()" & "keywords_copykeys_str()". So
"keywords_copykeys()" only does a call to one of these depending on what input
was given by user. This choosing is done by checking whether the string list
"keystocopy" is filled or not.
** While there are some similarities in these two functions, it would become a
bit convoluted to fit both these functionalities into one function. Moreover,
trying to follow the point in Coding Conventions regarding breaking a function
to improve readability, I decided to separate them.
* I've also updated the _gnuastro.texi_ doc to describe the new functionality
added to --copykeys.

I hope this addresses all changes you mentioned. However, please let me know
if there is anything more to improve. Even doing this much has helped me
understand the philosophy behind GNUAstro a lot :)

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16073>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/