gnuastro-devel

[task #16073] --copykeys of Fits program takes keyword names also

From: Jash Shah
Subject: [task #16073] --copykeys of Fits program takes keyword names also
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 05:56:42 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #10, task #16073 (project gnuastro):

Thanks for the comprehensive review! I have gone through all the points you
have made and the changes in the code in detail, to understand what could've
been improved in my approach.

I'll try to address them as much as I can here:

Regarding the re-writing of the existing implementation:
I'll keep in mind going forward to let improvements and feature addition be
just *additions*, that don't make(or make as minimum as possible) changes to
the existing code.

Regarding the issue that the datasets keywords were being re-written into
memory, thus creating issues for when users might manipulate the input dataset
with other options:
This is definitely a use case that I simply missed. Moving forward, I'll be
better about taking such cases into consideration(such edge cases will
inevitably become recognizable the more familiar I become with the library).

Regarding the naming convention of _keystocopy_:
One of the major aspects which first attracted me to Gnuastro was its code and
user guide readability. I'll make it a point with future contributions to
maintain those same standards.

I've also noted the change in the documentation, comments and code style that
you have made.
----
I will start testing this branch, and notify here if I find any bugs.

I've printed, filled, and submitted the copyright assignment form, they should
get back to me soon.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16073>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/