[gnugo-devel] A persistent cache effect

From: bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] A persistent cache effect
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:02:26 -0700

Currently strategy5:225 fails but if the test is taken in
isolation, it passes. Thus from the gtp:

loadsgf games/wing-yuhiko-gnugo.sgf 62

= black

gg_genmove black
= B9

loadsgf games/wing-yuhiko-gnugo.sgf 86
= black

gg_genmove black
= B9

If we omit the first test:

loadsgf games/wing-yuhiko-gnugo.sgf 86
= black

gg_genmove black
= O12

There are differences in the moyo territorial values
of several dragons, and with C11 and its neighbor
D9, also in the weakness and safety. I guess most of
these can be traced to a change in the owl status
of C11.

 owl_threat_status       UNCHECKED
 owl_attack              PASS
-owl_attack_certain      YES
+owl_attack_certain      NO
 owl_2nd_attack          PASS
-owl_defend              PASS
+owl_defend              B9
 owl_defense_certain     YES
 owl_2nd_defend          PASS

The - is without the prior gg_genmove at move 62,
the + with it.

I presume that this is a persistent cache effect.

Dan