[gnugo-devel] How to use GnuGo non-locally?

From: Ralph Dratman
Subject: [gnugo-devel] How to use GnuGo non-locally?
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 16:37:44 -0500

Dear GnuGo Persons,

I would like to set up GnuGo on a Linux or FreeBSD server so that I can then play against it from other computers running various operating systems (Win98, Win2000, Mac, Linux). Only one client machine at a time will be playing.

I have not been able to find instructions on how to set this up, although I have seen statements which seem to indicate that it is possible.

All the machines in question have IP connections. I have some clients available (Jago, CGoban) and could install other clients if necessary.

Could someone please either explain how to set this up, or point me to a document describing how it is done? I am not asking for all the little details, just a general description of the method.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Ralph