[gnugo-devel] Influence patterns

From: SP LEE
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Influence patterns
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:55:37 -0700

Hi all,

I browsed through the influence patterns and I found the enhancement patters
could make moves over-concentrated, thus less efficient. I'm not sure if these
patterns will actually be used in real games. For example,

Pattern Enhance1

o..?
O.*.
O...
o.??

:8,E,value(30)

If I have four stones in a row, I almost don't even want to enhance it any
more. The influence may already radiate to the opposite edge, I suppose. Of
course it rather depends on the opponent stone formations.

I'd like to make some experiment, but I don't know the best way to test it,
except running regression tests. Any good idea?

SP Lee