Re: [gnugo-devel] Influence patterns

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Influence patterns
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:31:31 -0400 (EDT)

If I understand the influence code correctly, then what these patterns do
is add additional sources for influence.  Normally, every living stone on
the board generates influence; in order to have walls and other structures
generate extra influence, we use enhancement patterns to add additional
sources of influence in front of the wall.  These enhancement points will
not normally be played as moves in a game, unless there is some other
indepoendent reason to do so.

Evan Daniel