Re: [gnugo-devel] How to build debugboard? / view.pike

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] How to build debugboard? / view.pike
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:02:13 +0100

Dan wrote:
> On one computer, view.pike crashes, for example the following
> commands cause segmentation faults:
>
> ./view.pike games/strategy11.sgf:79
> view.pike games/cgf2004/aya.sgf:114
>
> This is with Pike v7.4 release 20.

For the record I've been using Pike 7.4.27 from Debian testing while
developing view.pike. I cannot reproduce the crashes.

I know for sure that the Pike developers consider crashes (of the core
dump kind) as unacceptable. My guess is that the bug has been fixed in
a later 7.4 release, but if it can be reproduced with a current
version I'm sure they would be interested.

> The first command causes no crash on another computer. I do
> not know if I am running the same Pike on both machines.
>
> I get a core file but have no idea what to do with it since
> I don't think gdb recognizes pike.

Pike itself, at least the core, is written in C, so it would be
running gdb as usual. On the other hand it's rather unlikely to be
useful to anybody but a Pike developer, except possibly to generate a
backtrace for a bug report.

/Gunnar