Re: [gnugo-devel] another semeai patch

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] another semeai patch
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:36:41 -0800

> This patch adds an algorithmic way of filling dead eyeshapes.  More
> about it can be found in the comments before the added function,
> semeai_propose_eyespace_filling_move().

A good semeai game is in the CVS. It is

regression/games/nngs/beedee-gnugo-3.5.3-200401140035.sgf

GNU Go makes a seki, then tenuki's too many times in the
semeai and loses it.

Gunnar and I watched this game and he speculated that Paul's
patch might help. Paul's patch changes GNU Go's tenuki at
move 208 from S19 to R7. We need to make some semeai tests
on the basis of this game.

Which is the fatal tenuki that blows the seki?

Dan