Re: [gnugo-devel] level of play

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] level of play
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:36:52 -0800

Arend wrote:

> Still I think the comment is misleading, and suggest to drop it, as
> below. (By accident, I have already committed this to CVS, I can revert
> it if someone complains loud enough.)

We've done more testing at levels >10 than we had when this was first
committed, starting with Stephan Mertin's statement that level 15 was
a strong engine, and even playing at level 12 in Graz. So I suppose
this change is in order.

However we can't guarantee that the engine will always finish a
move at very high levels. Evan tried some games at level 18
recently and didn't get a move after 8 hours of crunching.

Dan