[gnugo-devel] report on gnu go 3.5.2

From: Tom Bryce
Subject: [gnugo-devel] report on gnu go 3.5.2
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:35:15 +0900

Not sure who to email this too, but I attach a .sgf save of a gnugo 3.5.2
game.

I am reporting a recurring mistake that should be added to the pattern
database. Notice in the lower right hand corner of this game, gnugo attempts
to invade at the 3,3 point, when I have a stone at the 4,4 point and
extended to the 4,6 (6,4?) point and the 5,3 (3,5?) point. This invasion
fails with the extension you see, to 5,2 (2,5?). This is a guaranteed death
for this invasion.

I am writing not because Gnugo made a mistake, but because this theme
*constantly* comes up in my games with gnugo. For me, it is a surefire way
to kill some of its stones and strengthen my position, but I think it could
be added to the database of positions that it recognizes so it will not keep
repeating this mistake.

Pls forward to whoever is appropriate.

Thanks

Tom Bryce