[gnugo-devel] News from the olympiad

From: jan . villemson
Subject: [gnugo-devel] News from the olympiad
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 18:25:03 +0300 (EEST)

Hi all,

I am not sure whether my email address got into the gnugo-devel acceptance
list, so I send this letter to Daniel as well, hoping that he will forward
it to other developers as well.

So GNUGo played mostly 9x9 games today, two agains Atarist, two against
Magog, one against GoKing and one against DumbGo. The final result for
today is 4:2, with one game lost to Magog and one to DumbGo. I made the
SGFs (both saved by GNUGo and CGoban) available at the webpage

http://home.cyber.ee/jan/olympiad04/

Mostly GNUGo behaved rather reasonably with the exception of the game
against DumbGo, where it had severe atari blindness. This was the only
game where I tried to use level 13, but I do not know whether this had
anything to do with missing the atari.

Otherwise, I thing the SGFs talk for themselves:) I will set up the future
games as soon as I can in the future to the same address without a special
note, so just scheck it to stay updated.

Jan,