Re: [gnugo-devel] News from the olympiad

From: jan . villemson
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] News from the olympiad
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:45:23 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Gunnar Farnebäck wrote:

> > Right now the result in 9x9 contest is that GNUGo has lost 2 games to
> > GoIntellect and 1 game to Magog, Many Faces and DumbGo. There is one more
> > game to play against DumbGo and then we will know its final score.
>
> Not a catastrophe, but hardly a success either. How is the rest of the
> field doing? The web site is awfully empty of result information.

At the moment Go Intellect, Indigo and Many Faces have finished, with Go
Intellect at 11 points, Indigo and Many Faces 9, so GnuGo outperformed
Indogo and Many Faces and drawing with Go Intellect depends on the last
game. There is also Magog that has 8 points out of 12 games, so his
theoretical maximum is still 12.

> The 19x19 tournament on the other hand does look like a catastrophe.
> Double losses against Many Faces and Go Intellect if I read the game
> records correctly.

Yes, you are reading them right. Today we played with Jimmy and GNUGo won
both games. We still have to do Indogo that has this far won all the
games, but GNUGo is feeling brave:)

Jan