[gnugo-devel] SlugGo approach (was: endgame module for GNU Go)

From: David G Doshay
Subject: [gnugo-devel] SlugGo approach (was: endgame module for GNU Go)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:32:25 -0700

On Sep 18, 2004, at 3:55 PM, Xavier Combelle wrote:

I have some idea about improving
the sluggo approach, for example. But I can't give any garantee that my ideas are right.

As the driving force behind SlugGo, I can assure you that the approach is easily improved. We did some very simplistic things. From my perspective, the important news is: things which are logically weak, or at the very least far less than optimal, made the base program much stronger, seemingly about 4 stones.

SlugGo is a research project and I am open to sharing ideas. We are just starting to write a paper for publication.

Cheers,
David