Re: [gnugo-devel] Bug: gnugo 3.6-pre2 (seed 551253403)

From: Tobias Mathes
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Bug: gnugo 3.6-pre2 (seed 551253403)
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:20:02 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Thanks for your bug report. Is there any further information you can
tell us about the crash, since I've been unable to reproduce it.

Was there any debug output besides the sgf file?
We'd be looking for a line that says
***assertion failure: ...
I think GNU Go is Black in this game. Is that correct?
(This information should be in the sgf file, but it isn't.)

Simply loading the game does not produce a crash for
me. Replaying it for Black, GNU Go sees danger at the top for the
last few moves:
> [...]

Well, I am sorry that I can't answer any of your question.
GnuGO is crashing on a regular base, it's currently running as
a bot on the Kiseido Go Server (aka KGS) and I noticed often
that the bot disconnected. A look at the console (screen) showed
me the bug notice.

I noticed that kind of crashes very often, but it was the first
time I didn't only kick the bot on again. I looked what the gnugo
outputs and pasted it to the mailinglist.

Next time, I'll try to give you more debug informations. ;)

p.s.: compile options of my gnugo you'll find at http://games.twobee.org/go/

regards,

Tobias Mathes

--