Re: [gnugo-devel] Bug: gnugo 3.6-pre2 (seed 551253403)

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Bug: gnugo 3.6-pre2 (seed 551253403)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:41:30 +0200

Nando wrote:
> I would strongly recommend against using that old and messy code
> of mine. If I'm not mistaken, it hasn't been properly maintained
> in years, and is very likely to be the source of the crashes you're
> witnessing. I was about to send a patch in order to remove it
> altogether, but it seems that Arend has (had?) some hopes to bridge
> it with his work on dragon cuts. In the meantime, you should better
> leave it disabled.

Maybe we should remove the configure option to turn it on from the 3.6
branch.

Other configuration options we might consider removing for the stable
release (but not mainline):

ALTERNATE_CONNECTIONS:
Has not seen much testing recently.

EXPERIMENTAL_CONNECTIONS:
This currently makes no difference at all.

EXPERIMENTAL_READING:
Very little tested for a long time and slows the engine down
substantially.

GRID_OPT:
Only for debugging of code which has been stable for years.

ORACLE:
Has not seen much testing recently.

USE_VALGRIND:
Only for debugging.