[gnugo-devel] multi-board branch

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: [gnugo-devel] multi-board branch
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:53:36 +0300

I have created a new CVS branch tagged `multi-board'.  It currently
differs from the the trunk only in files that are the sources for
`libboard.a'.

Basically, `libboard.a' is now completely switched to using a `Goban'
object and it compiles fine.  I have no idea if it works.  I'd bet
that there are a few bugs, because there are changes _everywhere_ in
`board.c'.

The interface for creating new `Goban' objects is very minimalistic at
present and consists of a single create_goban() function.  It is not
used anywhere yet.

I decided to break private `Goban' data out into a separate structure,
obviously called `Goban_private_data'.  There were two goals: firstly,
to explicitly mark private data as such (you cannot access them unless
you include new header `board-private.h', which you should not), and
secondly, to allow proper constification of `board.c' functions
arguments (many functions that merely retrieve information have to
alter internals for that purpose.)

So far I ask everybody not to make any changes in the branch and
preferably no changes to the board code in the trunk.  Comments and
suggestions, on the other hand, are welcome.

Paul