RE: [gnugo-devel] strength against Many Faces

From: David Fotland
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] strength against Many Faces
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:37:38 -0700

Are the games played in a way that allows Many Faces to learn?  It keeps the
learned positions in a file in the install folder called flearn19.dat.  This
file is read once when MFGO starts up, and is written after each completed
games with the new learned positions.

MFGO will prefer to repeat openings where it wins games, and will try to
avoid openings that lead to losses.

David