Re: [gnugo-devel] strength against Many Faces

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] strength against Many Faces
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:44:53 -0700

On 23, Apr 2005, at 2:53 PM, David Fotland wrote:

flearn9 is for 9x9 games.  flearn19 is for 19 line games.  It keeps a
separate database for each board size.

That is what I presumed. We do not have the flearn19.dat file in the
install folder where we did find the flearn9.dat file.

Are you sure you are checking the modified date and not the creation date?

That is surely what we believed, but mistakes have been made before ...

If you have several PCs running mfgo, then the learning is not being shared
among them,

yes.

so you might see repeated games played on different PCs.

When we have a set of games for which we believe our statistics are
significant, we check the games from one parameter set that share
the same score. So far I have seen repeated scores, but not a repeated
game. We see repeated openings, but eventually the games diverge.

I guess that when we do not have the flearn19.dat file, then learning
does not take place in the fuseki.

Cheers,
David