address@hidden: Re: [gnugo-devel] Children's tutorial]

From: bump
Subject: address@hidden: Re: [gnugo-devel] Children's tutorial]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:25:39 -0700

For some reason Jonathan Chetwynd is having trouble sending
mail directly to gnugo-devel, so I'm forwarding this to the
list on his behalf.

Dan

Cc: address@hidden
From: Jonathan Chetwynd <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Children's tutorial
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:02:02 +0100
To: "<address@hidden>" <address@hidden>

Daniel,

It's deliberately unclear,

I've a few contacts possibly interested in developing a product, and
am looking for suitable partners.

I believe that involving the GNU Go team in developing a children's
Go tutorial will significantly enhance understanding of the game.

I'm aware of a few open source SVG games/tutorials, but none with the
sophistication of Chesster, and that is why this game was chosen, not
because it is a commercial product. If there is interest it would be
as well if contributors reviewed the Chesster product which is
published using macromedia software.

Chesster is a cartoon story with sound of a girl and a boy, and their
adventures. They learn the rules and some strategy and tactics of
Chess in the process.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Learning Disabilities and the Internet

29 Crimsworth Road
SW8 4RJ

020 7978 1764

> Please could someone let me know if there is a group interest in
> developing an open source Children's tutorial for learning to play GO.

Your email doesn't make clear whether the proposed tutorial
would be free software or a commercial product. I see the chess
tutorial Fritz and Chesster is a commercial product.

GNU Go could certainly be used in a commercial product as
long as the GNU Public License (GPL) is adhered to.

Could you clarify whether this is a commercial enterprise
or not?