Re: [gnugo-devel] Couple of questions for the Gnu Go team

From: Terry McIntyre
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Couple of questions for the Gnu Go team
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:54:14 -0700

Playing Chess well enough to beat a grandmaster required considerable
efforts by IBM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue - 30 RS6000
processors, and 480 special-purpose VLSI chess-engine chips.

Go may require as much or more computing power to reach shodan levels.

I'm curious, has anyone ever set a supercomputer to the task of playing Go?

Terry McIntyre -- UNIX for hire
Software Development, Systems Administration, Computer Security

cell: 213-291-5169 email: address@hidden
address@hidden -- text messaging