Re: [gnugo-devel] Membership request for group GNU Go

From: Luis Felipe Strano Moraes
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Membership request for group GNU Go
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 07:45:38 -0700

For what it's worth, also agree with direction of not having autogenerated files together there. These can possibly be distributed together with tarballs upon release, but keeping them within the git repository is not ideal.

Best regards

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 7:43 AM Daniel Bump (bump@math.stanford.edu email) <bump-math@sporadic.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I hope that by including gnugo-devel in the discussion, we can
> get more perspectives and that the GNU Go maintainers can be
> convinced to change their position to that of "do not keep
> generated files under version control", on the way to eventually
> approving a merge of that branch and future development along
> those lines.

I think I was the one that was arguing for this
position (mainly so that someone could build gnugo more easily
after downloading from savannah versus a tarball), and since Gunnar
was not in agreement, I would not insist on the point.

Dan