gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Back again

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Back again
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:13:08 +0200

Welcome back Antenore!,

You was right about keeping all translation in the gettext system is better
than keep it in both Data Base and PHP source code. It makes easier the
translators task.

The country, languages lists, etc. are translated too on the gettext system.

Antenore Gatta <address@hidden>:
Hi all,

finally I'm back and I want to start again with the development.
As I moved to a new location, and I still not have the internet connection
on my home, I will be able to update the cvs only on the weekend.
The 15th of September I'll update my local repository, so you should have
the first italian translation on the next weekend.

RMS has send feedback. So, maybe some of the strings will change.
Anyway a first version of the italian translation will be great.

There are a lot of sections which I think will not change. Well, I am not sure:
 * Charter
 * Timeline
 * FS Business Networks
 * International Trade Law
 * FS Businesses
 * e-Voting_SIG

I think the below section will be deleted from the site (read the RMS email):
 * FS job sites

These are the sections which I think will change:

Let me know if there are any problems.

I have checked all the site manually to find strings to translate.
Maybe you have a better system to be able to remove the not used
strings from the PO file, so we do not spend time translating it.

It is ready to Italian support which is located at this source files:

Layer-1__GUI/templates/header.tpl
Layer-1__GUI/includes/WebPage.php
Layer-2__GUI_Forms/Language_form.php

This are the tags which we use to the gettext support:
* gettext() function at the PHP layers

* smarty templates; gettext
  {t}Retype Password{/t}

  {'Company name'|gettext|strip:'&nbsp;'}

I have these locales installed on the development host:

en_US ISO-8859-1
es_ES ISO-8859-1
it_IT ISO-8859-1
pt_BR ISO-8859-1

P.S.: I put a vacation on the website. It is real, so if anyone is
interested...

The website is a demo for RMS. I hope it will installed at the FSF
systems soon, and so it can get on production after we develop the
modifications which RMS has asked for.

I have filled some qualifications too to test the web application.

Regards Antenore, and welcome back!,
Davi