gnuherds-app-dev

Re: HTML 4.01 Strict

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: HTML 4.01 Strict
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:06:56 +0100

Sameer Naik wrote:
> what do you suggest, should be turn off all styling activities and work on
> other more important stuff? how should we proceed?

Sameer, please keep doing your great work with the HTML/CSS task! We should
finish it!

 task: Use "HTML 4.01 Strict" instead of "HTML 4.01 Transitional", and
       a <div>s based layout instead of a <table>s based one
       http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6177

Just a note:
  We must use "HTML 4.01 Strict" not "XHTML 1.0 Transitional". You
  could take a look at the conclusion section of "Beware of XHTML"
  http://www.webdevout.net/articles/beware-of-xhtml#conclusion

> well, you could use this feature of the web  developer plugin and let us
> know when there are inconsistencies between a styled version and an
> unstyled one. we would work on it and get it fixed.

I agree with you Sameer. I myself will check it at some development point ;)

Tools to check:
  * Firefox dev plug-in
  * w3m ...com/gnuherds.org/