gnuherds-app-dev

Re: <div>s based layout -- HTML 4.01 Strict

From: Sameer Naik
Subject: Re: <div>s based layout -- HTML 4.01 Strict
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:57:37 +0530

On Friday 09 November 2007 4:43:20 pm Antenore Gatta wrote:
> Davi, I remember that you were not agree with horizontal language menu.
> Isn't it? ;-) BTW I prefer much more horizontal.
>
> Sameer, I'm a agree with Davi it's a good job!!! Tell me if I can help you
> in some way. It doesn't make sense that we work both on different layouts
> and I prefer much more to execute that to invent :-P

whats the layout your working on?
is it the main www.gnuherds.org or is it www.gnuherds.org/div/

how do you suggest that we work together.
should we break pieces of the UI and work on them.
what do you suggest?

> I'm agree also with Victor, we shouldn't forget accessibility, so what about
> to start with black on white (header and footer excluded).

of course, how can we forget about that. that's the reason why we have a UI in
the first place :P
i think only discussions and usability experimentation will enable us to
provide a stronger UI experience.

> So it could be:
>
> 1. Horizontal language menu (the proposed black).
> 2. Header (red and white with logo and project state).
> 3. Horizontal links and login menus (???).
> 4. Content (simple black on white without link formatting).
> 5. Footer with background color.

fair enough.

~sameer