gnuherds-app-dev

Re: <div>s based layout -- HTML 4.01 Strict

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: <div>s based layout -- HTML 4.01 Strict
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:56:44 +0100

Sameer Naik wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > As first draft actually impressive and cool. Very cool!!  I like the
> > black on top of red with green down.
>
> actually theres no green there. if you do actually see a green color, you
> might be having some monitor issues.
> the color being displayed is #666666. anyway...

I was referring to the below background color, which as you have noted is not
green. You are right.

  background-color:#ddddaa;

Note: I set my CRT monitor to use Brightness 0% and Contrast 70%.

> > Anyway the white foot area could take too much
> > of the attention from the webapp user.
>
> it will all come into shape when all the layout components are completed.
> we can do the adjustments then.

It is OK. I just noted it.

> > The brightest color should be maybe
> > the one used at the content area (which is the more main), not at the
> > foot area. Maybe I am mistaken.
>
> i was thinking the main content area itself should be white, with black
> text color. its better to read and less straining to the eyes.
> the menus, footer, titles, etc could be colored but not the main content
> area.
>
> ill get the whole layout done, and then we could discuss upon this.

Great!

> > Comments: How could it look with the 'logo.png' and the "Project state:
> > Beta" added?
>
> actually , i did add project status but there were some rendering issues
> with internet explorer 6. so i left it for later (i would be wasting a lot
> of time trying to figure that out).
> as for the logo, i will be adding it later. unless u really want me to add
> it for your viewing pleasure :)

My viewing pleasure is the less main :)  The whole project is. You can kick me
out.

> btw davi, you can commit the changes you have made on the project site.

Done.

 http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnuherds-app.git