gnuherds-app-dev

Re: [gnu.org #349087] Moving gnuherds.org to FSF hosts

From: GNU Herds work team
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #349087] Moving gnuherds.org to FSF hosts
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:18:49 +0100

Joshua Ginsberg via RT wrote:
> > Note that besides installing the PHP webapp, the PostgreSQL users data
> > should be moved too.
>
> Perhaps I'm entirely out of the loop, but last I recall when this was
> discussed in September was:
> > Joshua 'jag' Ginsberg <address@hidden> said:
> > The FSF is not equipped to offer specialized PHP hosting at this time on
> > any of the Foundation-administered machines.
>
> ... and...
>
> > Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:
> > We just don't do the sort of thing that you are asking for.

Yes, you are right.  Archive: (02 Sep 2007)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-09/msg00004.html

> Has there been correspondence you've had with rms, peterb, or johns
> (that the sysadmins have not been privy to) that has made you believe
> otherwise?

At the end of the same thread: chief-webmaster via RT said:
  "I don't think the site being in PHP is a particularly bad thing, as the
site could be seperate from the other sites on the machine, or even on its
own Xen slice, in order to isolate it."

Archive: (08 Sep 2007)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-09/msg00034.html

Richard Stallman said:
  "this activity is meant to provide a job site for the GNU Project"

Archive: (07 Oct 2007)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuherds-app-dev/2007-10/msg00056.html

Could RMS or anyone else confirm if this activity is to provide a job site for
the GNU Project?

Anyhow, please let us know what we must carry out about this project proposal.
It is already working. We must just improve the skin, update the
translations, etc.  Maybe you have additional requirements.

Please, let us know if you need further information, or just request us what
we must do.

Best regards,
The work team