Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel digest, Vol 1 #279 - 5 msgs

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed-devel digest, Vol 1 #279 - 5 msgs
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:27:49 +1000

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:40, syan tan wrote:
> this makes the address type in v_basic_address  unselectable , unless
> the id_identity is known.

But of course. Nothing wrong with this. What use would the address type be
of if you don't know who's address it is?
Today, my children and I have the same address = address type is
id('home') for all of us. A few years down the track, the same address
might be id('holidays') for me or id('parents') for my kids or id('work')
for my employees.

An address in itself has no "type". The "type" is only relevant in context
to a specific identity. No id_identity - no need for address_type.

Horst