Re: [Gnumed-devel] Changes to GuiMain

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Changes to GuiMain
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:09:44 +1000 (AEST)

On Mon, 6 May 2002, dguest wrote:
>   Ian Haywood wrote:
> >- replace the wxNotebook tabs with a row of small icons.
Thanks Karsten, better to keep wxNotebook. But for GUIs we need  but use
icons instead of text labels, otherwise there's just too many.

> Hi Ian
> So, in essence this is a three window screen, with the middle and right
> windows being accessed by hot keys and icons as per Richard's interface.
> Hopefully there is still room to squeeze in his scratch pad and
> Reminders windows. I also liked the way his patients' id window only
> took up one line at the top of the screen.
Hmm,

For some reason I had assumed that the scratch pad was for entering
history notes, while using the main window for viewing/prescribing. With
a three-way split it (the scratch-pad) does seem a little superfluous.

Just thinking on the fly here, perhaps we could have a totally
configurable interface -- users could define areas, then add plugins to
each area, forming notebooks where one than one plugin is added to an
area. wxSlashWindows could be used so users can vary the sizes, then a
"plugin" selector, so modules like prescribing window, drug list, etc, can
be dropped into the windows.

I was thnking of something like a (very simplified) Glade interface.
Obviously the adminstrator can pick a default configuration for the site.

How does this sound?