Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Hey, That's different

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Hey, That's different
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:58:31 +0200

> IMHO, we should  switch to a default level of lWarn, say, with a --debug
> command-line option for the rest.
Will do that.

> Also, gmI8N creates a lot of panic logs because it can't find the
> translation files. Can we turn its off until trabslation files are made?
I realized that, too. I extended LogException with one more
optional parameter: fatal=0|1,  default is 1. So if we are
just logging an exception (as in gmI18N) one can say fatal=0
which lowers the severity level of the logged exception. The
traceback will only be shown if the log level is lData.

> This way the talkback logger can only og 'real' errors (not that lack of
> translation isn't a bug, of course)
My thinking went like this: Since you have to invoke
--send-log manally anyways, you are likely to want lData in
that case. So I didn't keep the check for has_ever_logged in
there for now.

> BTW, 'talkback' is a commonly used word: talkback radio for instance.
OK. will use it.