Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Hey, That's different

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Hey, That's different
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:12:16 +0200

> The ID_Foo things for the tools must be defined at the top of the file.
> Unfortunatley, the logs are getting very difficult to read now.
>
> IMHO, we should  switch to a default level of lWarn, say, with a --debug
> command-line option for the rest.
Done.

Another possibility, however, would be to say
 grep -v "\[DATA\]" gnumed.log

That's one of the reasons the severity designation is there.

> Also, gmI8N creates a lot of panic logs because it can't find the
> translation files. Can we turn its off until trabslation files are made?
This is lWarn currently. We can tune it down to lInfo and set
the non --debug level to lWarn if people really want that. It
is, in any case, not displaying the entire traceback anymore
in the normal case (only if you give --debug).

> This way the talkback logger can only og 'real' errors (not that lack of
> translation isn't a bug, of course)
I decided not to mix the two options: with --send-log you only
switch on the talkback. With --debug you adjust the severity
level. No implicit log level setting with --send-log.